Sunday 11 November 2012

Christmas shopping - my top tips




The annual christmas shopping is dreaded by many, as lefts face it - there's a lot of money to be spent on gifts, food, drink etc. So today I thought I would share some tips on how to get some bang for your buck when it comes to getting gifts for your loved ones.

Remember, it's not about how much money you spend - it's about getting gifts that will light up the faces of  those you love :) With a bit of creativity you can get them something really special..

Ok, so let's start with the obvious - start early, set a budget and be organised.. I always keep a list of who I have to shop for, and usually plan what to get them before hitting the shops. That way, I already have a budget in mind and can look for something I know they'll like, instead of getting stressed by the hustle and bustle of the high street.. Christmas shopping should be fun!!

If you, like me, hate crowds, spend your time online - there's loads of bargains to be had!! My absolute top tip is to check out jewellery on sale - fantastic gifts at a fraction of the price.. Debenhams and Argos for example always have a great selection!

Looking for dvds or box sets? Check out supermarkets for big discounts! They also have lots of cheap books..

Another tip is to save your Boots points and really make them count on their 3 for 2 offers leading up to Christmas.. The only thing better than reasonable gifts must be FREE gifts.. Win-win!! Visit their website here.

What to get your grandparents, aunts or maybe your in-laws? They probably have everything they need, so I would suggest making them something, as it is far more personal, and I'm sure they'll really appreciate it! The sky is the limit, you can make photo albums, knit something, bake something etc.

Last year I made Norwegian cookies for the bf's mum and dad, and also found a brilliant gift you could give to everyone, really, but perfect for those with kids - something for them to do together.. Cookies in a jar - Google it!! You can pick your favourite recipe and layer the ingreditents in a jar as you see fit. You can also decorate the jar and add a nice note with the instructions.. Fab!

There are so many ways to make your money last longer, and I hope you're all being sensible! Christmas is not about out-shining your friends and family with the most expensive gifts.. At least that's my opninion...

Hope you're having a great day and that my tips can be of some help..

Catch you later!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner