Saturday 5 January 2013

It WAS a perfect day

Until I suddenly felt terribly ill... Room is spinning, having cold sweats, feel like being sick - kill me now!!! But hey, lets focus on the happy times..

Today I got up early and headed over to the bf's for a lovely breakfast.. Oh, how he spoils me :) Then we decided to make the most of the beautiful weather and walked into town along the waterfront.. Lets just mention that it's a 1 1/2 hour walk.. Yeah buddy!

Enroute we kind of stumbled upon the newly reopened Liverpool Festival Gardens.. We'll definitely be going back when it gets warmer - it's absolutely gorgeous! Japanese and Chinese gardens, little lakes and bridges - love it..

When we got into town, we stopped for coffee and cake before dashing into the Walker Art Gallery.. Once again we ended up laughing at the "modern art" section - seriously, I just don't get it! There's some lines/boxes here and there and that's art?!!

Anyways, here are a couple of snapshots from today..



Liverpool Festival Gardens - my camera will definitely be coming with me next time!


The famous Liver Building - love the business district!


Walker Art Gallery..  Just a tip - I would give the John Moores exhibition a miss if I were you!


Yes - this dress is made of hair, and is naturally the work of Thelma Madine.. You know, the one that makes the Gypsy wedding dresses.. It all makes sense!

Hope you've had a good one!

x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner